How to undelete files? – After deleting a file by chance, you shouldn’t start panicking. Instead of this, you are welcome to check the review of the most popular tools able to help you get files back. They will help to recover data lost by mistake, for example, from a randomly cleared “Recycle Bin”. Are you looking for a program that is able to restore photos from an accidentally formatted memory card in the camera or music from a cleaned MP3 player? Check the features of the best tools able to undelete files on Windows and choose the one that will work best for you.
5 Best File Recovery Programs that Are Worth Your Attention
Let’s review programs for recovering information that has already been cleared from the recycle bin. Here are tools that can be used both for searching and recovering previously lost files on flash drives and hard drives (after complete deletion) and for scanning hard disks for the presence of lost partitions. In this situation, you’re recommended to stop any actions with the drive and immediately turn to tools for emergency restoration of files because the fewer recording cycles to disk have passed from the stage of deleting files, the higher the probability of extracting them.
The best data recovery software you can use:
- Disk Drill. This undelete software supports most types of disks, files and file systems. With its help, you can recover lost files due to the Recovery Protection function, as well as find duplicate files and clean the disk. Users admit high-speed reconstruction of damaged files. All recoverable files will be shown in the table. To recover files, select the necessary ones and copy them to any folder that is stored on another hard disk or flash drive. The free data recovery software can perform different tasks – recover deleted files, correct errors and find lost partitions on a disk, reanimate data from connected containers and restore objects on disks.
- PC Inspector. This file recovery software recovers deleted files not as well as the previously mentioned Disk Drill but it has lots of great features as well. Among them is recovering deleted partitions. The program scans the disk and displays a list of found files. The program supports recording the recovered information on network drives to avoid accidentally overwriting deleted files.
- Puran. The program has a preview tool for sections and their contents providing a list with materials available for reconstruction. One more thing users should know is that it doesn’t suit for data recovery software Windows 10.
- TestDisk. It supports a huge number of file formats. In addition, the program can be written to the LiveCD to recover data from a disk on which the system does not boot. The utility can recover damaged boot sector or lost data. The utility is best used to restore office documents, photos, and other images. The program contains a preview function, through which you can read a graphic or text file before recovery. The application includes a built-in filter to determine the conditions when searching for lost information, supports network operation mode and allows you to select the scan depth.
- Restoration. To increase the chances of recovery, it is best to use the program immediately after deleting files, until they were overwritten by other information. Restoration does not need to be installed so you can run it from a flash drive connected to a computer.
Choose the best software to recover deleted files taking into account the distinctive features of each one.